I Need A Good Pound Cake With Raspberry Filling Recipe

Baking By mreimund Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 4:21am by pinkfluffycupcake

mreimund Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,
I was asked to make my best friends wedding cake. Im thrilled, only concern is her favorite cake is pound cake with raspberry filling. I hoping someone could help me with a recipe. Every recipe i come across, they mention only loaf pan. My plans are to make a 3 tier wedding cake. Do I use the same reciped calling for a loaf pan, just change the pan size?

Thank you everyone!!!

3 replies
mburkett Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 4

I can't offer advice on the pound cake but I absolutely love this raspberry filling found here on CC. Here's the link: (I suggest increasing the sugar though - I double it).

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4143/raspberry-puree-filling

Moovaughan Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 4

The best pound cake I've ever put in my mouth is the Southern Living Million Dollar Pound Cake, you can find it on www.allrecipies.com "million dollar pound cake"... Now I don't know if it would be too dense to use for a tiered wedding cake but it is the bomb... The rasberry filling check out Rasberry Mousse Filling II.

pinkfluffycupcake Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

I recently made a white cake with raspberry filling for a bridal shower and it turned out terrific! The recipe I used isnt a pound cake, but a pretty solid white cake that is rich and buttery, but still slightly fluffy; the recipe is for Brides Cake from the original Cake Mix Doctor cookbook, except I used DH French Vanilla cake mix and about 2 tsp. of LorAnn Princess Cake & Cookie flavoring (but vanilla, almond or a combination of the two would work well also). I used Bettecreme mixed with white chocolate pudding mix as the filling, then spread a thin layer of raspberry preserves on top, then frosted the cake with more of the Bettecreme mixture (but you could use any frosting you wantedthe original recipe suggested a White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting). You can do a web search for Cake Mix Doctor Brides Cake recipe and several reprints of the recipe should come up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%