Divorce And 35Th B-Day Cake

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 6:32pm by Kellbella

Kellbella Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 9

My very good friend is celebrating her b-day and the finalization of her divorce. I have NO IDEA on what type of cake to make for her. Should I make a combination b-day/wedding cake with the divorce theme that you see sometimes (bride shoving groom off cake, etc...) I need any suggestions you all CC greats may have! Thanks in advance and happy caking icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 9
Chasey Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 9

Depends on what kind of divorce she is getting. Does she have ill will towards her ex? The shoving him off the cake idea would work then, but if she just couldn't make it work with him for a host of non-hating reasons....I would completely ignore the divorce aspect and celebrate the birthday instead.

Divorce isn't always a relief...but since you know her, you will know if it's okay to "celebrate" it.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 9

I wish someone made me a divorce cake. I was a major relief

ranae5463 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

I like the one in the pics in the link that says single and ready to mingle, rather than celebrating the divorce itself. Otherwise, just a birthday cake is better. Have been there twice already and didn't really want it celebrated, just wanted to get on with my life and the ready to mingle sort of does that.

mburkett Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 9

I agree with ranae5463. The positive route sounds better. "Moving on, party-time, live-it-up." Much more fun than gloom and doom.

Kellbella Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 9

It's definitely a good thing she's getting a divorce, he is an a**! So maybe he needs to be chucked off the cake icon_wink.gif Thanks for the ideas!

KodiSnip Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 9

I agree going on going positive icon_smile.gif

Congratulations (insert name)
You got the greatest birthday gift ever!

Kellbella Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 6:32pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiSnip

I agree going on going positive icon_smile.gif

Congratulations (insert name)
You got the greatest birthday gift ever!

I love this idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%