Karo Syrup In Mmf?

Baking By MegMade Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm by MegMade

MegMade Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

I just made a batch of MMF adding 1 tsp of Karo syrup, which I always use when making black (since chocolate is added), but never in a "regular" batch. I'm worried that it might be too soft to drape a cake with? I love the pliability of black/chocolate so i thought I'd give it a go... Does anyone use Karo syrup in their MMF with ok results? Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
BurnsyJ Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 1:32am
post #2 of 5

I use light Karo corn syrup in MMF. It is pretty soft, but it just forms right around my cakes without creases. If I need something a little stiffer, I just buy the Wilton ready made stuff.

conchita Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 4:39am
post #3 of 5

yes I do and never have problems I actualy like it o lot

CAKELADIE1 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 5:08am
post #4 of 5

I posted my recipe a while back using Karo syrup and white chocolate. I love this recipe. It is very pliable and I can roll it pretty thin without it breaking and my customers love it.

MegMade Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone!! I used the batch made with Karo last night after reading your feedback and I LOVED it! I don't know what I was worried about. I'm so glad I didn't trash the batch icon_smile.gif I think I'll always add it form now one - easier to roll out, very pliable. Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%