bschafers Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:18pm
post #1 of

Hi All! I'm going to be doing my first Farmer's Market in a few weeks and am looking for some creative packaging ideas. For the most part, I will be selling a variety of simple, homemade cookies. Any and all ideas are appreciated icon_biggrin.gif TIA!

4 replies
goodiegoddess Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:31pm
post #2 of

look at Martha's website. I always go and look at wedding packing for ideas.

I really like the way cookies look stacked in a cupcakes box with a window. I get the boxes for under $.45/each so it's a great look.

inspiredbymom Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of

I work the Farmers' Market in our area. Knowing our area will not pay more than Wal-mart pricing, I keep it simple! For regular cookies like the raspberry and chocolate chip, I put three to a small plate (cake size) and cover with press and seal. I put the required information on a paper on top. For the mini cookies, I put 4 in a treat bag and put my required information on a paper stapled to the top of the bag. The bags did not cost very much. It was like 3.50 or less for 100. I'll see if I can find a picture. I did purchase plastic cupcake holders for the them. The type you see at a regular store, but I am going to try some "pie boxes" that I purchased from a cake store that is a little cheaper. I am also going to try to look at some other stores like "Sams" if I get to that area. Good luck!

MimiFix Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 6:00pm
post #4 of

Or use the small poly bags (treat bags) sold in craft and dollar stores. These cost about one dollar for twenty or thirty bags. Make paper labels with your computer/printer and attach the label with a twist tie or thin curling ribbon. This is a cheap yet attractive way to start packaging. After you know what sells, then you can order more expensive boxes and bags.

PinkChateau Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 12:12pm
post #5 of

I too sell my cookies at a green market and do very well. Here's a few packaging ideas for you. Treat boxes from Wal-Mart $1 for 8. I put a cookie bag inside with 2 dz. spritz cookies tied with a ribbon. I also used small corsage boxes with a little paper shred and it really makes a pretty presentation. I also used the green paper boxes with shred and a bag tied with ribbon for strawberry cookies. HTH. I have posted a photo in my gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%