???'s About Macsmom Chocolate Wasc

Baking By Sunshine0063 Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 4:58pm by punkyf

Sunshine0063 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 6:25am
post #1 of 15

Just wondering if anyone has tried MacsMom's Chocolate WASC. My question is when adding the coffee is it liquid, instant crystals, or coffee grounds. I know it sounds like a silly question, I'm thinking liquid but if I'm wrong I don't have the time to waste on the mistake. The cake is for my son's birthday on Wed, I work full time and won't have a day off until the day of his party.

Thanks for any help

14 replies
BecuzImAGurl Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 8:39am
post #2 of 15

I'm sure it should be liquid, 2 cups of instant coffee is like dumping a whole can of coffee into the batter.

SHYLERScakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 9:22am
post #3 of 15

I use liquid coffee left over from the morning of. I love this wasc version...it's so chocolatey and moist!

suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 11:45am
post #4 of 15

I mix up some instant in hot water to make the amount needed.

luntus Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 15

yup instant. I mix it with a little hot water to make sure it disolves properly then with cold water to get it to room temperature. It is very chocolatey and delicious.

punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 15

I was wondering if this cake can be carved? I need a chocolate cake that can be carved into a pirate ship. I've searched and have not found one yet.

punkyf

stormrider Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:39pm
post #7 of 15

This is one of our favorite cakes! It is extra moist though so for carving you might want to cut back on the sure by 1/4 cup or so to firm it up a bit more.

snocilla Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 15

I also make instant coffee, but I've never bothered bringing it back down to room temperature. I'm going to be honest, I hated chocolate cake until I made this one! Everyone loves it and says it is the best chocolate cake they've had. It is the only recipe I will use, and I have never had any trouble carving it or stacking it.

snocilla Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 15

I should mention that I usually carve partially frozen though. That makes it much easier to carve!

kneenah Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 15

i LOVE this cake.. I made it for the first time last week and i added chocolate pudding with reese in it for the filling mmmmmm so good.. Very moist cake not good for craving... I even had alittle time hard time putting the buttercream but it was all worth it.. I didnt add the coffee just cuz i didnt have any at home but it still came out super good.. def will make it again..

kearniesue Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 15

I think she mentioned before that if you are doing a carved cake, you should leave out the pudding. The flavor is great, though!

Karen

punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:20pm
post #12 of 15

Where can I find this recipe? I've looked and looked and have not been able to find it. Thanks.

drummerg68 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:37pm
post #13 of 15

Chocolate WASC (macsmom's method ) - MacsMom
2 dark chocolate cake mixes
2 c cake flour (gives it a lighter crumb)
2 1/4 c sugar (extra sugar for moistness)
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 t salt (less salt because of the cocoa powder)
2 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mixes
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
2 c sour cream
2 c coffee
1 c chocolate milk (extra liquid because chocolate mixes tend to be thick)
1/3 c oil
2 t Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract
2 t vanilla or butter extract

kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #14 of 15

punkyf asked: ".......Where can I find this recipe? I've looked and looked and have not been able to find it"............

Here is the *Original* WASC recipe. All you have to do is use strong brewed coffee as the liquid. It makes a *GREAT!* cake w/o lots of extra ingredients. Give it a tryicon_smile.gif I know you'll love it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-

punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:58pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to try them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%