Help Please

Lounge By frasercakes2011 Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm by klutzy_baker

frasercakes2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frasercakes2011 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 8

i am having horrible pain from the middle of my pinky finger to my elbow in both arms worse on my right arm though it has a stinging pain when my skin is brushed against and a deep pain when its not being touched has anyone heard of this and does anyone know what i can do

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 8

It may be a sign of carpel tunnel...I would see your Dr about it...sometimes nerves in the arms get pinched from over use like squeezing a piping bag for a long period of time.

frasercakes2011 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 8

im very new to caking and almost 20 would it still be that?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 8

Carpel tunnel can strike at any age especially if you were working as a cashier etc over the last few years..Pinched nerves can also happen to small children too...

Have your Dr check it out!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:42am
post #5 of 8

I agree w/the information and advice given.

Tfaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tfaye Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 12:31am
post #6 of 8

I had that before and there is a name for it, but I forgot. There is a tendon in your elbow and the muscle that goes from your elbow to your hand into your pinky is the problem. My doctor told me that there may be a bone chipped in my elbow causing the muscle in my elbow to be pinched.

He told me not to lean on my elbow and if this didn't fix it I would have to have surgery. I stopped going into the websites for a week and when I did surf the net I stopped leaning on that elbow and it is fine now.

So if you lean on either of those elbows a lot that could be the problem. I think it has something to do with Tendinitis

Definition of Tendinitis
Tendinitis (also known as tendonitis) is an inflammation of a tendon (a band of fibrous tissue connecting muscle to bone) that causes pain, tenderness and occasionally, restricted movement of the muscle attached to the affected tendon.

frasercakes2011 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 8

thank yall for all your help!!!

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm
post #8 of 8

Sounds like what is called "Tennis Elbow"

It's caused by repetitive movement that creates small tears in the tendon. Rest and anti-inflammatories are usually the treatment.

Here's some info: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001485/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tennis-elbow/DS00469

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%