Help! Forgot Cream For Ganache, Ideas For Alternate Fillings

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 5:43pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:53am
post #1 of 3

I was supposed to make cupcakes for a coworkers last day tomorrow, but had to take my daughter to the ER today for a gash on her chin (the irony of it is that I paid an extra $4 for a jump rope to be shipped today, my day off, so I could play with my kids, and then she went and did it wearing only socks and fell and split her chin/neck open icon_sad.gif ). She's fine, and was a brave sweet girl, and all's well that ends well. I work at the hospital, and have worked in the ER before, and so it wasn't even so much a day off icon_wink.gif.

So I'm throwing the cupcakes together now, but forgot to buy cream for my ganache filling I was planning on. I made Kahlua cupcakes, I was going to fill with dark chocolate ganache and top with creamcheese icing. Can't change the flavor of the cupcakes, which are currently baking ... any quick ideas for a nice filling that would complement the stupid kahlua flavor? I have chocolate chips ... chocolate pudding, maybe?

Help, please!

2 replies
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:10am
post #2 of 3

How about a mocha filling made from the chocolate pudding with a little instant coffee dissolved in it? These cupcakes sound delicious, by the way! I'm so glad your daughter is okay. These things can be so frightening to parents, can't they, and I'm sure working in the ER doesn't make things any easier - you have WAY too much information about what can happen! But if you're making cupcakes tonight, I'd say patient AND MOM are doing fine!

emiyeric Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much! Yes, we're both fine, hehe icon_wink.gif. Loved the idea of the instant coffee in the pudding, thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%