The Elusive Root-Beer Candies!

Lounge By creativethoughts Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm by damchick

creativethoughts Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:29am
post #1 of 2

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seems to work out? I was up early this morning to deliver cup cakes to a friend of my mom's for an event. So early infact that I only had 5 hours of sleep (ok it wasn't that early but I was out late with friends watching a movie because it was the only time we all had free). So I get back home and decide to take the extras to work, so far so good!

And this is where it goes awry! After that I decided to go pickup some root-beer candies, the hard ones that are shaped like a barrel, to try a new recipe that i had found. I had already asked several people and they all said that I should be able to get them at Fred Meyers! So Freddie's is on my way home easy as pie, right!? Nope, I get there and they don't have any, but I'm told that plaid pantry has them! But on my way there I think that it's something that world market would carry, I stop by and find out that yes they do... Sometimes but right now they have none! So i go to the plaid pantry, and they dont have them either but am/pm has them or 'Mikes' another convenient store down the road. So i go to am/pm and they dont have them, so then i go to 'Mikes'. Not only do they not have them but the lady only speaks broken English. So I get back in my car and think that I'll try win-co before I go way out into the boonies where I think but don't know if they will have them.

But whats this my car is over heating! So I stop at another Fred Meyers to get some water and confirm that, no, they do not have Root-beer candies. I called a friend and found out that someone else we know buys them a lot, find out that they buy them at Safeway and so I'm off to Safeway, happy as a clam that I know where they are. And guess what they don't carry them at Safeway! However the one and only person I find to talk to buys them at win-co all the time. So once again I am off in my car to another store all the while eying my engine heat and praying to God that water was all it needed! Now I'm at win-co, but only after having someone nearly crash into my because they forgot to stop mind you, I go in and almost walk right past the Root-beer candies but I did find them! So yes people they are at win-co if you have one and are looking for them, now you and I know where to find them!

I don't know about you but I remember them being dark and the ones I found were kind-of pale and clear ish. But after all that driving in my hot car I was ready to call it quits and take what I found! I think it took me a total of 3-4 hours to go to all these places. By the time I was done not only did I miss all the garage sales that I wanted to stop at, but I also got home and realized that I forgot straws! Yep, I had an awesome day!

Sorry for this long spiel I just had to share/rant with someone!

1 reply
damchick Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 2

I understand the murphy's law antic.

Here are some of my resources to check out, and since candy has a decent shelf life, if you find your way to one of the these places you might buy a bag or two:

Micheals Craft Store carries old fashioned style and they are usually at the front counter.

You can get the A&W ones at a few grocery stores or pharmacies

But my favorite old fashioned root beer candy is at a restaurant called the Cracker Barrel, they carry the drops, or the cane sticks. Get thee to one if you got one close by.

I hope this helps for the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%