Cream Cheese Icing And Strawberry Filling

Baking By okstout4 Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 5:13am by Marianna46

okstout4 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 2

I read the post about cream cheese needing to be refrigerated. But I am using it as a filler and to ice a cake prior to adding MMF. The party is tomorrow at 5pm (its 2:20pm now) and I need to get this done, but am aware if I refrigerate the fondant after I put on the cake its going to get ruined. What are my options if any?

I would use buttercream, but the last time I made it and added color (im not adding color this time) the color separated. So I must have done something wrong in making the buttercream. I dont want to make something that's not good.

Also, im doing a 2nd cake and want to put a strawberry filling and Im using MMF to cover the cake.

Did i just go about making the wrong decisions to include refrigerated stuff w/non refrigerated stuff? I swear I got to cupcake places and they use cream cheese on the cupcakes and its not refrigerated.

Thank you in advanced!

1 reply
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 5:13am
post #2 of 2

It's summertime, and you need to be extra careful. You can refrigerate a fondant-covered cake in a a box wrapped airtight in plastic wrap. Take it out about three hours before you need it and let it come to room temp before you unwrap it. That way the condensation (which is the problem with this process) will stay on the outside of the box until it evaporates.

Quote by @%username% on %date%