Lemon Meringue

Baking By n_jean Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 2:25pm by dldbrou

n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 7

What do you use for Lemon Meringue cakes? Want to know the best!

6 replies
n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 7

Bumping this up to see if anyone has a great one.

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 7

What I do is take a boxed lemon cake and add lemon juice and zest, a tiny bit of orange zest. Then make lemon filling like u would make for a lemon meringue pie. Then cover with the egg whites and bake until meringue is golden brown. Hope this helps.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 7

coloradoflower--I am trying to understand what you said, so let me tell you what I think you said and please correct me where I am wrong.

You take a box of Lemon Cake mix-dry, put it in a pan and add lemon zest and orange zest to the dry mix. Then make lemon filling and put it on top of the dry mix and top with meringue and put in oven until golden brown. Is this what you mean?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 7

My understanding of what she said is she makes a boxed lemon cake but adds lemon juice and zest in with the mix and other usual ingredients (egg, water, whatever)

After she bakes it, she makes a lemon filling and fills the cake. Then she frosts the cake with meringue. She then puts the whole frosted cake in the oven and bakes it until the meringue begins to brown.

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 7

Exactly artscallion.... I should have made it more clear to follow directions on the box and add the lemon juice and zest. Sorry it's still early for me icon_biggrin.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, I did know it might have sounded strange, but someone I know makes a dessert similar to what I wrote and I was just checking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%