Grandkids!!!!!!!!

Decorating By Rosiepan Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 3:24pm by warchild

Rosiepan Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 9

Had my 2 darling grandsons to stay (5&8yrs) overnight and as soon as they got in I showed them the perfectly smooth cake board I had recently covered and embossed with strict instructions not to touch and yes within 1/2 hr there were two finger dents in it yet no one knew who did it icon_rolleyes.gif
This morning we were making cupcakes together for mummy's birthday and they came out pretty well. When finished they were give the same talk about no touching and yep you guessed it I turn my back for a few minutes and there were more of those dents in the buttercream swirls made by the mysterious "Not Me" Bless them!

8 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 3:00am
post #2 of 9

Very cute story. This story reminds me of the comic strip here in the US, called The Family Circus.

Whenever one of the two little ones did something wrong, and the parents would ask who did it, these two little ghosts or gremlins would pop up out of nowhere. Their names were Not Me and Ida Know.

For those curious members who are in other countries, and not familiar with the strip, here's the link to the wikipedia page on them. The link to their homepage is at the bottom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Circus

Theresa icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 9

lol, I recall that cartoon!!! it was always "not me"...how funny...Im working on grand baby #8....and they all request to mom, that they want grand ma to do there birthday cakes, not store bought...lol

LisaPeps Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 9

Tell them to stick out their tongues because everyone knows that a liar's tongue turns bright green (or another colour) when a lie is told. The one that doesn't stick it out is your culprit icon_wink.gif

cherrycakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

Tell them to stick out their tongues because everyone knows that a liar's tongue turns bright green (or another colour) when a lie is told. The one that doesn't stick it out is your culprit icon_wink.gif

I'll have to remember that one!! icon_biggrin.gif

kristiemarie Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 9

Lisa, that is the best!

all4cake Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

I wish I had that one in my pocket when mine were growing up.

ETA: But, I got it in my pocket now to use on the grandkids...thanks for sharing that one!

Rosiepan Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:05pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:

Lol I knew which one toughed the board. The wide eyed butter wouldn't melt look gave it away. Its' funny after denying it I asked in a normal tone , 'were you feeling to see if it had set?", he noddded and then realised he had given himself away.
I used to say to my kids that if you tell a lie you will get blisters on your tongue and watch as their hands went to their mouths to feel if there were blisters there.

warchild Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiepan

Had my 2 darling grandsons to stay (5&8yrs) overnight and as soon as they got in I showed them the perfectly smooth cake board I had recently covered and embossed with strict instructions not to touch and yes within 1/2 hr there were two finger dents in it yet no one knew who did it icon_rolleyes.gif
This morning we were making cupcakes together for mummy's birthday and they came out pretty well. When finished they were give the same talk about no touching and yep you guessed it I turn my back for a few minutes and there were more of those dents in the buttercream swirls made by the mysterious "Not Me" Bless them!

Lol! Been there many times! I've got 8 grandkids, and the youngest is the sneakest! Just last week I caught the little imp, just as he was about to stick his finger in the icing of a finished cake. The look on his face knowing he'd be caught in the act by Grandma, was priceless!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%