Soon To Be Home Bakers In Texas

Decorating By smbegg Updated 25 Jun 2011 , 6:46pm by hbarberycakes

smbegg Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking to get together with some others in the Plano/North DFW area who are going to be starting up there businesses with the new law being passed.

It would great to get together and talk shop and help each other through the set up process. I have done a lot of research already, and maybe some of it would be helpful to you!

Is this something that you would be interested in? If so, let me know! I would love to have a support group of fellow bakers as I move into this new venture!

Stephanie
Soon to be owner of Beggin for Cake!

8 replies
mommakristin Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 9

Hi! I am not technically in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but on Lake Texoma. I too am counting the days till Sept!
I would love to be a part of a group like this. I am the only one in my area that works with cakes that I know of (all of the bakeries around here are traditional run of the mill cakes- no fondant work or "out of the box designs)

Happy Caking to my fellow Texas home bakers!!!

Love,
Kristin
The owner of Krazy Kakes by Kris

Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 9

I'm in the San Antonio area but would love to participate, if you're thinking of an online group.

cs_confections Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I'm in the San Antonio area but would love to participate, if you're thinking of an online group.

Same here!

alleykat1 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 9

I am in houston Tx area and I would love to be included too... I know I'm going to be in Dallas on the 21 and 22 of July but I too would love an online group ..I know we can do webinars or get an online chat room where we can use webcams...just a thought

kelleym Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 9

I am working on getting discussion forums for Texas home bakers up on www.texascottagefoodlaw.com. They are currently visible only to registered users. I will keep the forums up as long as there appears to be interest. Please feel free to take any Texas-specific discussion there! http://texascottagefoodlaw.com/Social/DiscussionForums.aspx

icon_smile.gif

cs_confections Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I am working on getting discussion forums for Texas home bakers up on www.texascottagefoodlaw.com. They are currently visible only to registered users. I will keep the forums up as long as there appears to be interest. Please feel free to take any Texas-specific discussion there! http://texascottagefoodlaw.com/Social/DiscussionForums.aspx

icon_smile.gif

Awesome Kelley! I thought that would be a great place for it, but didn't want to suggest it or ask for anything else! icon_biggrin.gif

jason_kraft Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 9

FYI, you can get free one-on-one business advice from SCORE, there are several chapters in TX:
http://www.score.org/chapters

hbarberycakes Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 9

I'm in the Montgomery/Conroe area, I'd love to join as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%