Cake Clubs?

Decorating By Nazarine Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm by Occther

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 10:59am
post #1 of 5

I've taken all 3 Wilton classes at Michaels. But there is so much more out there to learn! I was thinking there has to be others like me out there and maybe there are clubs where people get together to swap ideas, practice, etc. Anyone a member of something like this? We live 3 hours away from Wilton's headquarters in IL and someone suggested I take a few classes there. But that's a long drive, and the classes are pricey. By the time I figure in cost of gas, hotel, class, etc, I could probably pay a private instructor locally. My next step is maybe buying a few DVDs and trolling youtube again.

4 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 5

Consider joining ICES. Many states have mini classes throughout the year. The ICES annual conference is in Charlotte this year. (It was in Chicago two years ago.) You can pack a lot of learning in a few days!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 5
SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:02am
post #4 of 5

Do you have to be an ICES member to go to the convention and look around? It has never come this close to my home town before and I want to go and see the vendors and decorators but I can't find anything that tells me whether I can go or not if I'm not a member of ICES.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
SueB

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, you can buy a pass for the Vendors and also one to visit the cake room. http://ices11.org/Event_Pricing.html

You can contact them about whether a non-member can buy the one day shopper's pass. ICES convention is a lot of fun and great learning experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%