Really Stuck For Ideas

Decorating By PammieStar Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 1:21pm by dldbrou

PammieStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PammieStar Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 10:21am
post #1 of 3

Hi there

I live in London but know this site is used internationally. I have been asked to make a cake for a lady who is becoming a Dame, I have got so far and thought of some Dame Edna Everage glasses and the words like there's nothing like a dame, but that's as far as I have got. Need some ideas please.... Have to do this by Tuesday latest.

Thanks

Pam

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 5:25am
post #2 of 3

If the person the cake is meant for has a good sense of humor, I'd run with this idea - it sounds great to me! Maybe some gloves and a tiara, as well as the pointy glasses. I don't know - what else suggests upper crust privilege to you? Oh, I know - a large purse and a silk scarf!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 3

Just curious, what does it mean to become a Dame? Is is like becoming a Sir? Is it just a fancy title like someone in the States being given a honorary degree from a college that they never attended?

I would probably do the most elegant formal cake in their price range, since it sounds like an honor. Of course if it is a humorous title, have fun with it and gop it up with lots of gold and babbles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%