Heath Bar Cupcake Recipe Please

Baking By emilyc262 Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 1:51am by Kitagrl

emilyc262 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking for a Heath Bar cupcake recipe that I can bake from scratch. I'm thinking of a non-chocolate cake base with bits of heath bar in it. I want to top with a regular frosting so it can't be a recipe with just the candy bits on top. Anyone have a good one?

2 replies
sewlo Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:40am
post #2 of 3

I don't have a recipe for this, but I tend to think of baking in bases. You have a solid vanilla, chocolate, yellow, etc base and then you can change things up.

So, in this case, I would try a yellow cake base and mix in chopped heath bars at the end.

Then top with your choice of buttercream. Maybe a milk chocolate buttercream or a caramel buttercream.

This is just what I would do. Sorry I don't have a more specific recipe for you!

Kitagrl Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #3 of 3

I don't use recipes for stuff like that either...I personally would make chocolate cupcakes with heath pieces mixed in...and then use a caramel buttercream (buttercream with a high quality caramel ice cream topping blended in...look for a kind made with mostly real sugar and cream, not corn syrup).

Or, a vanilla cake base with a caramel flavoring added...heath pieces...and then maybe a bit of caramel filling and a chocolate buttercream.

Both adorned, of course, with candy bits. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%