How To Get White Stitching On Black Purse

Decorating By KJF1985 Updated 28 Jun 2012 , 4:12pm by ElaynesCustomCakes

KJF1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJF1985 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 8

For a retirement cake I'm making, the cake topper will be two black purses modeled after the retirees real ones. However, I'm at a loss as to the white stitching on one.

I've got the tool to put the "stitches" in but how can I make them look white? I just don't know how to do it on a black cake.....

Any thoughts/tips/advice is greatly appreciate! Thanks!

7 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 8

Maybe after stitching you can paint the holes with white color? It would be time consuming but that's all I could come up with.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 8

I would put some white color gel on a paper plate and run my stitching tool through it. I would test it on a scrap piece first.

CarolinaCakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaCakeMom Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 8

"ddpie's slice" blog has a method she used to make her firefighter helmet badge/shield. I just looked at the site and the pictures are down for some reason. If you click on the helmet page, then scroll down to the "shield" section, an explanation is there. It looks pretty time consuming. Good luck.

KJF1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJF1985 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about painting it too but didn't know if there was a "white" colored anything I could use....I've never used a "white" piping gel or anything to know how truly white it is. But I'll check it out!

rolling the wheel in it is a good idea. I might try that one assuming I find something to use!

Thanks for the blog reference! I checked it out but it was a little hard to know what she was doing without pictures!

ElaynesCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElaynesCustomCakes Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 8

Hi! Just curious to know if you were able to do the white stitching. I'm having the same issue. Trying to make a black purse with pale pink stitching. If you were able to, would be so kind as to sharing how you did it? I would greatly appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 1:41am
post #7 of 8

Just use white royal icing with a lace tip 00 or 1s. The real threads do stick up from the leather, so the icing looks the most realistic and doesn't take a year to do.

ElaynesCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElaynesCustomCakes Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

Just use white royal icing with a lace tip 00 or 1s. The real threads do stick up from the leather, so the icing looks the most realistic and doesn't take a year to do.

Thank you! Makes sense, I am going to give that a try! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%