End Of The Year Cake Ideas

Decorating By mom32008 Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 12:25am by hollyml

mom32008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom32008 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 3:44am
post #1 of 4

I just got a rush order for a end of the school year cake, And I'm totally out of ideas! It is for a grade 3 class!!! Please any ideas out there???

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:43am
post #2 of 4

I'm in the midst of making end-of-year cupcakes for my granddaughter's 3rd grade class. I got a lot of inspiration from these cookies I saved to my favorites today:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2077338
I'm trying to make some of these figures in 3D out of fondant/gumpaste. Does this give you any ideas?

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 4

When I think end of the school year, I think of summer fun - could something incorporate vacations/summer reading/recreation/celebration?

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 12:25am
post #4 of 4

Summer theme -- sun, pool or beach, park/playground type things. And/or the school mascot, if there is one, or something simple with the school colors. Or do something with the idea of the 3rd graders going on to the "intermediate" or "upper" grades, assuming there is a big distinction made in your school system...a student or group of students climbing up stairs or a ladder maybe? Or the traditional sort of "school's out" drawing of kids streaming out of the schoolhouse door, tossing their books and papers away? Even the BACK end of a school bus...saying goodbye to school for the summer...

I've done a simple 2D sun with a piped face, wearing sunglasses, for my DD's class (very cheerful and fun), and a dolphins-leaping-out-of-waves on a sheet cake (that one's in my pics) for my DS' class. Dolphins are the school mascot.

Holly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%