White Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Baking By LoveConfections Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 11:38pm by LisaPeps

LoveConfections Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys, Im on the search for a great moist white chocolate cake recipe from scratch. Or does anyone have any advice on turning my vanilla into white chocolate? Would I just add pudding and creamers?

4 replies
Osgirl Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 5

I came across one today (don't remember the address though), but I'm pretty sure they added white chocolate chips to the batter. I'll do a search.

sugarxosugar143 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 5

ive been looking for the same thing!!! I've been trying to get a cookies'n'cream type flavor cake and when i use the white cake i feel like it has more of a vanilla taste then a white chocolate taste!! please let me know if you find anything!! thanks!!

LoveConfections Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 5

I found a few recipes I have only tried one and my white chocolate did not melt properly it seemed to get chalky? The recipe I tried, I was not so impressed. Ther is a bakery where I love and they capture the flavor of white choloate in the cake & icing! I will post links I have yet to try the Wilton recipe.

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/White-Chocolate-Cake-with-Raspberry#tabs

http://pieceofcakeblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/white-chocolate-cupcakes.html

LisaPeps Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 5

I use this one, I can't remember who originally posted it, but it was one of the lovely Aussie ladies on this site:

White chocolate mud cake

250g butter
250g white chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
200mls water
.......Melt all of these together in a saucepan

.......then

1 cup SR flour...sifted
1 3/4 cup plain flour...sifted
2 eggs...
1/2 cup sourcream
AND I ADD I TEASPOON OF VANILLA PASTE - WHICH WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL RECIPE.,,,,makes a differance

......Mix into chocolate mixture.

Bake at 160C for up to 2 hours - this is for a 10" round cake tin but will all depend on tin used and your oven

I use this for cupcakes and cakes
My oven is fan forced so i knock the temp own during the last 45 mins.

cupcakes take about 20 minutes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%