Tasting Batter?

Decorating By cakification Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 10:36am by suzied

handovertheasparagus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handovertheasparagus Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:47am
post #31 of 36

This totally reminds me of a Mother's Day card I saw this year. It read "Good Mothers let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT Mothers turn the mixer off first!" icon_lol.gif

I am totally a batter taster, and always have been. As a teenager I would call my girlfriends over and make a batch of brownie batter-without eggs- and we would sit around and eat the bowl together. icon_razz.gif

n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:58am
post #32 of 36

Ya, I love licking the bowl too. Only time I have to force myself to remember not to is when I'm pregnant. All the good stuff you miss out when your preggers... icon_razz.gif Otherwise, I'm the same, not too worried about it with the raw eggs.

Oh and that's also probably why I love cake pops so much, it's like cake batter but its done!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:50am
post #33 of 36

The batter is the best part! icon_razz.gif

shadow3829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadow3829 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:52am
post #34 of 36

I'm a taster. I love it. It funny because everytime, I wonder how something in the world with raw eggs in it could taste so good! icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:27am
post #35 of 36

Raw eggs are not as serious of a threat as they used to be.

That aside, I always licked the bowl. I had some cupcakes made the other day, and was working on another batch, when my DH grabbed a spoon, stole a scoop of cake batter, and topped one of the cupcakes with it and scarfed it down!

I offered to make him a cake the other day, and he said don't bother baking it because he just wants to eat the batter. LOL!

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:36am
post #36 of 36

I love licking the bowl after every cake i make. yum. As for raw egg. i was brought up on raw egg. i had to swollow one almost every day, mum said it was good , so i did it - we never heard of salmonella at that time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%