Tasting Batter?

Decorating By cakification Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 10:36am by suzied

handovertheasparagus Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:47am
post #31 of 36

This totally reminds me of a Mother's Day card I saw this year. It read "Good Mothers let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT Mothers turn the mixer off first!" icon_lol.gif

I am totally a batter taster, and always have been. As a teenager I would call my girlfriends over and make a batch of brownie batter-without eggs- and we would sit around and eat the bowl together. icon_razz.gif

n_jean Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:58am
post #32 of 36

Ya, I love licking the bowl too. Only time I have to force myself to remember not to is when I'm pregnant. All the good stuff you miss out when your preggers... icon_razz.gif Otherwise, I'm the same, not too worried about it with the raw eggs.

Oh and that's also probably why I love cake pops so much, it's like cake batter but its done!

warchild Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:50am
post #33 of 36

The batter is the best part! icon_razz.gif

shadow3829 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:52am
post #34 of 36

I'm a taster. I love it. It funny because everytime, I wonder how something in the world with raw eggs in it could taste so good! icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:27am
post #35 of 36

Raw eggs are not as serious of a threat as they used to be.

That aside, I always licked the bowl. I had some cupcakes made the other day, and was working on another batch, when my DH grabbed a spoon, stole a scoop of cake batter, and topped one of the cupcakes with it and scarfed it down!

I offered to make him a cake the other day, and he said don't bother baking it because he just wants to eat the batter. LOL!

suzied Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 10:36am
post #36 of 36

I love licking the bowl after every cake i make. yum. As for raw egg. i was brought up on raw egg. i had to swollow one almost every day, mum said it was good , so i did it - we never heard of salmonella at that time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%