What Kind Of Table Do You Use To Decorate Cakes On?

Decorating By PastrySwaggaPro Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 12:25am by Unlimited

PastrySwaggaPro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PastrySwaggaPro Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 14

Lol, another question; I know marble and stainless steel are fantastic choices, but with limited space in my house, it's hard to choose. Know of any heavy duty surdy non-shakable tables? I found this on online;

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-gauge-regency-stainless-steel-commercial-work-table-24-x-48-with-galvanized-undershelf-and-legs/600T2448G.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping

13 replies
sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 14

I was given one for Christmas that I like from Sam's; it's on wheels so I can move it when I don't need it. It's stainless steel and the perfect height for standing in front of. Or sitting on a stool. Storage underneath too.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 14

Hi , I bought the same from SAMs for $99 last year , I think it $109 now . I bought 2 but am going to get one more . Love them .

PastrySwaggaPro Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 14

really now?? Sams?! That sounds awesome! It's stainless steel?

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 14

I thankfully have a 4 by 5 island in my kitchen. Standard counter top. If I ever get it cleaned off, I have a penninsula as well, but usually that's where I stack everything that was on the island!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:

Here's the one from Sam's:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=145625
They are nice, but definitely aren't "non-shakable"... sturdy, but will move if you plan on trying to roll fondant out on. If you use the wheels, it's too high. If you need to lift the table, you must lift from the legs so that the table top won't come right off because it doesn't snap/lock into place after assembled. I don't care for the rounded edge... I much prefer the flat sides on the table you found at the webstaurant store.

PastrySwaggaPro Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 14

Interesting!! Yeah I wasn't too keen on the wheels, but I don't know if they are interchangeable with standard legs. I'm just looking for a table that is sturdy enough, stainless steel, and wide enough so that when I roll my fondant on it, it doesn't hang off the edge. Lol. 24 inches...do you think it's enough?

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 14

If your cakes are 4" tall you could fondant a 16" cake with a table that big. Do you do any bigger than 16"

PastrySwaggaPro Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:20pm
post #9 of 14

come to think about it, no i do not. hahaha, you're right! the biggest cake i've made was a tier 14 inches in diameter.

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 14

great info, i been looking for a table too.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastrySwaggaPro

Interesting!! Yeah I wasn't too keen on the wheels, but I don't know if they are interchangeable with standard legs.

You don't need to use the wheels, it comes with standard feet. It's nice the wheels are included (from Sam's) though because a set of wheels from other places can cost as much as the table as an option.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:43pm
post #12 of 14

I have been eyeballing this at Homedepot.com. I have been trying to save up some money to purchase it. But it looks like you have found the better deal.

http://www.homedepot.com/Kitchen-Carts-Islands-Utility-Tables/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbq8g/R-100670856/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Erica1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erica1 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:03am
post #13 of 14

Thanks to you all!. I have been looking for a table and I have found it. Off to Sam's I go......

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:25am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica1

Thanks to you all!. I have been looking for a table and I have found it. Off to Sam's I go......

I'd call first. Even if your local store says it's in stock online, that isn't always the case. I've driven there countless times to pick up large items that were suppose to be in stock, only to be disappointed that it wasn't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%