Cake Prices

Decorating By Neen22 Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 12:53am by dguerrant

Neen22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neen22 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to be doing a cake that is a Ford F-150 there will be alot of detail on the cake and will take me a good amount of time..... How much do you think i should charge for this cake?

3 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 4

I kind of have like a base price for detailed cakes like cars. All my cars are set at $250+. My carved cakes start at $100 period. Take into consideration your costs for raw materials, including the base. Then, determine how long realistically do you think it would take you to make a highly detailed cake? Next, have you researched your local market to know how much other bakeries would charge for such a cake IF they would even do it? Next, determine your skill level according to your competitors who already are doing this...are you cakes lower quality flavors and decorations? Higher? Very close in skill level?

Neen22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neen22 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much that is helpful. It is a hard to determine prices for where i live the only other place to get cake is out grocery store and they only do basic cakes.

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:53am
post #4 of 4

i had to do a dodge ram truck about a month ago. it took about 12 hours and i charged $240 ($20 per hour). i didn't even get a decent pic to post either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%