Caramel Filled Cupcake???

Baking By nadsquad Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 3:18pm by all4cake

nadsquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadsquad Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

trying to find a way to fill chocolate cupcakes (baked from scratch) with a homemade caramel filling. The problem is that the carmel oozes into all the crevices of the cake and does not hold in the center, and also keeping the caramel soft (like a rolo candy).

Help! Thanks in advance!

4 replies
pettmybunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pettmybunny Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 5

What about using a sundae topping instead of the melted caramels?

loml001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loml001 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 5

I made dulce de leche (cooked can of sweetened condensex milk in crockpot on low for 8 hours) and used that as filling. Very similar flavor to caramel but I didn't have any problem with it oozing into the cake. They were a big hit!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 5

This recipe is for a thicker caramel sauce.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6851/thick-caramel-sauce-or-filling

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 5

I use a recipe for caramel candy. Pour all but what you think you'll need for the cupcakes into pan as directed and allow it to set up according to directions. With the remainder of the candy, still in the pot, add a bit more heavy cream to it (just a bit at a time...otherwise, you'll be adding some of that poured candy to the pot and you'll have excess filling that you won't be able to let go to waste so, you'll be dipping bananas and pineapple chunks and all sorts of other stuff (not to exclude the spoon either) in order to save it from being put into a container headed for the refrigerator and ultimately hidden behind the ketchup for an indefinite amount of time until someone asks, "hey! What's this stuff in the squeeze bottle behind the ketchup???"

I've also diluted Kraft caramels with heavy whipping cream for the same effect.

Just keep some fruits cut up nearby (you won't feel as guilty dipping fruits as you do dipping cake trimmings) to test on the leftovers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%