Food Colours

Decorating By nanefy Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 10:45pm by Moovaughan

nanefy Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 4

OK, I need to buy some food colouring and being from the UK we don't have a great range of brands unlike in the States, so I was considering ordering some in from the states and wanted to know what the BEST brand is?

I know of Americolor and Chefmaster and I have a couple of questions about Chefmaster - they do a liqua gel and I wanted to know if this is as intense as a paste or just a normal gel? The chefmaster website is awful and in actual fact does not work, every page comes up with an error so that's of no use.

Anyway, if I am going to fork out for expensive colours and more so expensive delivery, I want to get the most for my money. I am looking for the best of the best, but also I want to buy BIG containers of food colouring instead of the small ones that get used up quick.

So all info welcome as well as links to where I can buy these products in larger containers.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
nanefy Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 4

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 4

I buy the large 13.5 oz bottles of Americolor.They last me a few months.This is all I use as Chefmaster is not readily available here also.

Moovaughan Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

Americolor.... their colors are true, stick with who you can readily get! If you have trouble with a website I wouldn't trust their delivery!

Quote by @%username% on %date%