Cupcake Push Pops

Baking By CandyLady Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 4:48am by scp1127

CandyLady Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 14

has anyone made these and do you have any great ideas/tips? I would like to bring these in the office and do not want to spend a lot on a base..probably will use styrofoam because I am afraid to lay them down in a box. Any insight would be appreciated. Pat

13 replies
MariaK38 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 14

hi! I make something similar, Cake PushPops. I make a larger sheet cake and cut it into 1 3/4" circles so they fit snugly in the push pop tube. This means that you can lay them in a box for delivery and the cake stays put. I also use clear tape over the lid to make sure it stays on in transport. Sometimes one or two of the lids came off, and it drove me nuts. So I use the tape.
In the beginning, I preferred to make cupcakes because it used all of the cake batter, but now I like cutting the circles, and I like the look of the snug cake circles better. And I use the extra cake to make cake pops, so in the end, I'm not wasting anything.

Good luck! Maria

CandyLady Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 11:34am
post #3 of 14

thank you Maria...they look yummy. I like the idea of the cut cake, no waste. I read somewhere that someone used the cap to cut the pieces, thus making them fit the push pop exactly.

Jens88 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 14

These are so cute! Has anyone from the UK seen anywhere that stocks the holders?

HomemadeUpgrade Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 14

I make these and call them Cake Shooters. I use the base to cut from a sheet cake. I've also used mini cupcakes but I think the cake rounds are much cuter. I display them in a piece of styrofoam fitted inside a basket.

jenscreativity Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 14

where can I find the containers for the cake shooters? I want to order some!

SHYLERScakes Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 14

just orderded some from amazon...$60 for a case of 100...can't wait for them to come in!

MariaK38 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 14

thanks for the nice compliment! icon_smile.gif
martellato usa and pastry chef also have them in cases of 100. if you need fewer, there's a couple of sellers on etsy that sell them in lower quantities.

mrsprinkles Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 14

Please be aware that the name "cakeshooter(s) is trademarked, (by me).
Call them anything else when you sell them, please.

Jody130 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 14

Just a question, how can you trademark the cake shooter name, I've seen it on menus in national resturant chains, advertising their smaller desserts??
Just asking??

mrsprinkles Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 14

The same way that the sprinkles cupcake people were able to trademark "sprinkles" even though it is a very generic term and was my company name for 15 years. I did not trademark the name sprinkles but I was not going to make the same mistake again. Please go to the trademark website and search. You will find that I am the registered owner of the name. I was the first to make cakeshooters and I have applied for a patent. The term cakeshooters was used before to apply to alcaholic drinks with cake type flavors. I applied for the trademark at the same time as the patent. The patent process is much slower.

At this point I am asking as politely as possible for people not to infringe on my trademark rights.

jenscreativity Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 1:31am
post #12 of 14

(mod edited.)

addietx Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:16am
post #13 of 14

mrsprinkles, that was very polite of you. I appreciate being informed of your trademark.

jenscreativity that sounded rude even in writing

scp1127 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 4:48am
post #14 of 14

Great info on your trademark. They are expensive and need to be protected.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%