Best Book(S) To Buy?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 1:50pm by SarahBeth3

Claire138 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 5:54am
post #1 of 6

To date I haven't purchased any books but would like to buy some as I sometimes find it hard to follow tutorials or can't remember which ones I thought were good and then take forever looking for them.
Can anyone give me advice on which are the best books out there that deal primarily with making flowers? I don't want to just buy without having some idea if they are good or not bc they are so expensive.
Much appreciated!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 6:11am
post #2 of 6

Most of the books I've seen haven't been nearly as helpful as the tons of video tutorials you can find on the internet. The only thing that books seem to have better info for is arranging the flowers you've made.

mena2002 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 6:29am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Most of the books I've seen haven't been nearly as helpful as the tons of video tutorials you can find on the internet. The only thing that books seem to have better info for is arranging the flowers you've made.

I agree, you can find almost anything on the net these days, and the best part is it's free icon_biggrin.gif

SarahBeth3 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:04am
post #4 of 6

What I do is check out tons of books for the library. Some have 1 or 2 things in it that I want to remember, so I write it down or I write down the book title and what it had in it that I liked. If there is a book that I really like and has a lot in it that I think I will use and will be helpful, THEN I buy it. This way I know I am only paying for what I will really use and want.

Claire138 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:09am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the responses, I do watch a ton of tutorials which I find very helpful but I can sometimes get confused too so thought I might find it easier if I had a step by step to go by in a book but am now re-considering! As too the library that is out bc I don't live in an English speaking country (France) and although I am fluent in oral French my reading skills aren't up to par so will have to skip that.

SarahBeth3 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 6

I understand what you are saying. I used a youtube video to learn how to make gumpaste roses. I just put my laptop right up on the counter and watched the video while I was making the rose. I had to pause it here and there since I wasn't as fast as her yet, but that really helped me not forget any steps. It can get confusing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%