White Chocolate Ganache Under Indydebi's Buttercream?

Decorating By southerncross Updated 7 Jul 2011 , 4:06am by jewordsoflife

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:01am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone used white chocolate ganache under buttercream frosting?

I have a three tiered square wedding cake due for next month. The bride has asked for a cascade of sugar paste flowers down two sides of the cake. the flowers are bundled and wired to several floral picks that stick into the cake. She wants buttercream frosting ...not fondant and I plan to use Indydebi's crusting buttercream.

I usually use fondant on a cake with so many flowers down the sides of tiered cakes because is gives such a firm support when it's dried and the sugar flowers can end up adding extra weight to the surface of the cake.

I've recently started putting chocolate ganache under the fondant and love the way it prevents bulging problems. I now am thinking that perhaps the chocolate ganache could insure a bit more support for the buttercream in their job to hold up those sugar paste flowers. Any thought and suggestions are welcomed.

4 replies
ATL_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATL_Cakes Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

I'm looking at doing a cake this weekend which was ganache under buttercream, so I'm interested in others replies as well.

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:36am
post #3 of 5

I've been wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking icon_smile.gif

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 5

LOL...lots of people view this post query but no one has any answer. So ATL_Cakes we're looking to you and your cake this weekend to give us some insight. I'd make a test cake but I've done that so often lately that I've gained too much weight in eating them (I mean just how many 6" cakes can a gal be expected to eat in one week!)

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 4:06am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Cakes

I'm looking at doing a cake this weekend which was ganache under buttercream, so I'm interested in others replies as well.

was wondering if you tried it out and if so, how did it work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%