Can Dulce De Leche Filling Stay Out Of Fridge ?

Decorating By jem2131 Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 2:40pm by TexasSugar

jem2131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jem2131 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 7

Hello CC'ers

I was wondering if anyone has made a dulce de leche filling and kept the cake out for a day or two?
I was planning to use the dulce de leche as a filling and i would like to make my cake a day early.. I'm planning to use condensed milk that will be heated in a pot of boiling water for 2 or 3 hours..
Please help if anyone has done this before.. in desperate need of your advice thanks a million !!

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:21am
post #2 of 7

I've made it many of times, and never put my cakes in the fridge. Never had a problem with it.

jem2131 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:18am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I've made it many of times, and never put my cakes in the fridge. Never had a problem with it.

rEALLY icon_smile.gif !!!!! AND YOU DIDNT MIX THE DULCE DE LECHE WITH BUTTERCREAM ? I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE .. THANKS SOO MUCH YOU MADE ME FEEL MUCH BETTER ..

jem2131 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:20am
post #4 of 7

I WAS PLANNING TO USE THE DULCE DE LECHE JUST STRAIGHT AS A FILLING BUT DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANOTHER RECIPE YOU HAVE USED AS A FILLING ? IVE HEARD SOME HAVE MIXED IT WITH A BUTTERCREAM..

pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:51am
post #5 of 7

you can keep straight dulce de leche at room temperature, but it starts to crystalize after a week or so

jem2131 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:53am
post #6 of 7

THANK YOU icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 7

Never mixed it, we like it straight.

I don't make it any more by buy it ready made. So much easier and quicker. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%