This Rose Tutorial Is Truly Amazing!!!...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 8:54pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 16

Hi Cakers!

I wanted to share with yall a very helpful link that really helped me with handmade Roses. Several weeks ago, someone from CC shared several links of Rose tutorials with me. This link really was the most helpful. I have viewed other on-line tutorials, but for some reason this one stuck out.





I am not sure if the individual who created this tutorial is a CC member, but I really would like to thank her so much!

Thanks,

Michael

15 replies
Sangriacupcake Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 16

Wow! Your roses turned out gorgeous. Thanks for the link.

sweeteypie1118 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 16

Thanks for sharing!! They really did turn out beautiful!! Many times I PM someone when they have especially nice roses. I ask what they use, and many times I don't get a reply. I am always very thankful for those that answer and for those of you that share what you learn.

leefeedesigns Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:26am
post #4 of 16

Your cake turned out beautiful the roses are great! I am definitely going to have to try the tutorial, I've never made a rose. Also the new Wilton molds looked great as well! Can I asked what you used for the lettering? I'm a novice and my lettering is quite pathetic! Yours looks fabulous! I'd love to learn!

superstar Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:30am
post #5 of 16

Fran McGregor is Australian & is a member of CC. I think her user name is Franjimac??

I have always loved that tutorial, I think it is the best one I have ever seen for making a rose with the 5 petal cutter. She is very talented.

tokazodo Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:46am
post #6 of 16

How did you like the new Wilton Silicon Molds? I was considering making the purchase.

TinkerCakes Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:18am
post #7 of 16

Ahhhhhh! The roses are just beautiful!! I wish I had all those tools! One day....

Mikel79 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:55am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefeedesigns

Your cake turned out beautiful the roses are great! I am definitely going to have to try the tutorial, I've never made a rose. Also the new Wilton molds looked great as well! Can I asked what you used for the lettering? I'm a novice and my lettering is quite pathetic! Yours looks fabulous! I'd love to learn!




Hi!

Thank you! The letters are Tappits. You can find them at any on line bakery.

HTH

Michael

Mikel79 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:56am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

How did you like the new Wilton Silicon Molds? I was considering making the purchase.





I really love the Wilton Molds! I bought two of them. Very easy to use!

HTH

Michael

coloradoflower Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:25am
post #10 of 16

First i have to say thank you for that link and ur cake came out really pretty. My question is how do you explain to someone that the really pretty roses are not edible? How have yall done it????

mena2002 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 5:50am
post #11 of 16

Your cake came out beautifully! Thanks for posting the link icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:04am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoflower

First i have to say thank you for that link and ur cake came out really pretty. My question is how do you explain to someone that the really pretty roses are not edible? How have yall done it????




If they doubt that they are real, I let them touch the flowers. They might look real, but the texture will be different.

100% edible.

=)

tokazodo Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:07am
post #13 of 16

Great rose Tutorial! Thanks for posting it. She makes it look easy. Now I want to go make some roses!

ame120103 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:48am
post #14 of 16

Beautiful roses and I can't wait to try the tutorial. Thanks!

tutsie Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:56am
post #15 of 16

Beautiful roses will definitely give it a try.thanks so much for sharing.

Mikel79 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:54pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteypie1118

Thanks for sharing!! They really did turn out beautiful!! Many times I PM someone when they have especially nice roses. I ask what they use, and many times I don't get a reply. I am always very thankful for those that answer and for those of you that share what you learn.




This is so true! With the exception of Sharon Zambito, a lot of folks do not reply back to Pm's.

I am glad to share with all of you!

Michael

=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%