Portable Carts

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 9:18pm by CWR41

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone know of a good place to find one of these? I'd like to keep one on hand in case I need if for a delivery.

13 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 14

what kind of cart are you talking about? the fold up ones?

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 14

check home depot, or janitor supply places, ace hardware and jewlery business supply. A friend of mine used to sell jewlery and she gave me her old fold up cart that she dosent use anymore and HOLY CRAP it makes a world of diffrence.

Lisa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa23 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 14

Kitchen Krafts has one in their catalog

Kellbella Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by labmom

what kind of cart are you talking about? the fold up ones?

Yes!

Kellbella Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa23

Kitchen Krafts has one in their catalog

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=CD1566

Yeah! Thank you...this is exactly what I'm looking for!

labmom Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:13am
post #7 of 14

Hi,
I looked at the kitchen craft cart and that is a nice cart with the height and lower shelf but look at the weight limit on that cart. Some of these cakes are at least 100 pounds or better. It does not look sturdy and I would be afraid that it would colapse. And the price is alot more than I paid for my fold up cart.

The one that I have is low, and has a non skid surface.It is about 3ft long(aprox) don't have it infront of me at the moment. The handle folds down.

If I need to give it height I have wooden cake carrier boxes that stack in my car for cake saftey. I put one of my wooden cake carrier boxes on the cart to give it more height and my equipment inside the carrier box.

This little cart is extremely sturdy and the handle folds down with only about 3 in thickness. I have put at least 200 or more pounds on this cart and it rolls perfectly and no slip or slide.. even just sitting the cakes right on the cart not on the cake box.. it works beautifuly..

I only paid about 29.00 for it at a tractor supply I think.. but I have seen them other places. Very sturdy built.

Kellbella Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by labmom

Hi,
I looked at the kitchen craft cart and that is a nice cart with the height and lower shelf but look at the weight limit on that cart. Some of these cakes are at least 100 pounds or better. It does not look sturdy and I would be afraid that it would colapse. And the price is alot more than I paid for my fold up cart.

The one that I have is low, and has a non skid surface.It is about 3ft long(aprox) don't have it infront of me at the moment. The handle folds down.

If I need to give it height I have wooden cake carrier boxes that stack in my car for cake saftey. I put one of my wooden cake carrier boxes on the cart to give it more height and my equipment inside the carrier box.

This little cart is extremely sturdy and the handle folds down with only about 3 in thickness. I have put at least 200 or more pounds on this cart and it rolls perfectly and no slip or slide.. even just sitting the cakes right on the cart not on the cake box.. it works beautifuly..

I only paid about 29.00 for it at a tractor supply I think.. but I have seen them other places. Very sturdy built.

Wow...I didn't think about the weight issue and some wedding cakes are pretty heavy...thanks for pointing that out. I'll check out some other places.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 14

We got a nice wheeled cart that is low to the ground and the handle folds up around the base. It was purchased at Home Depot and is used for moving furniture and it works well as it can hold a lot of weight. I believe my husband paid right around $70.00 for it.
evelyn

labmom Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 14

yes weight is a big issue.I always check for that on everything that I set a cake on. I had a table colapse at a church once. fortunately it only had the punch bowl on the one end (well not fortunately it was a real mess), the legs were not locked and down it went just as my husband was putting the side cakes down. he made a great catch.. cake over punch bowl.

the cart that I have sounds much like cakegrandmas cart. I also have moved boxes of books and furniture on this cart from room to room and outside. It is an extremely sturdy cart they have them with bigger wheels than the one I have which makes for an easier pull and softer ride for the cake. That may be the one that she is talking about where mine was on sale and much cheaper than the 79.00 price.
But it does work. It is low, but there are ways to get around that if you want. like i do with my cake boxes. (wooden boxes)

dzh115 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dzh115 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:25pm
post #12 of 14

I have one like this one. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017TF09Y/?tag=cakecentral-20 It makes everything easier.

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 14

I have a rubbermaid 3 shelved utility cart. Each shelf holds 100 lbs. Make sure it fits into your vehicle but other than that I love it. I use rubbermaid compatible containers and never had a problem.

http://www.rubbermaidcommercial.com/rcp/products/detail.jsp?categoryCode=material_handling&subCategoryCode=material_handling_service_carts&rcpNum=4091

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 14

Handtrucks.com has some nice ones, as well as HandtruckSuperstore.com.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%