Lindsram Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm
post #1 of

Making cake pops today for a wedding on Saturday and I'm going to freeze them. I make cake pops all the time but this is the first for freezing them. How long before should I pull them out of the freezer so they're thawed for Saturday night? TIA!

8 replies
Dayti Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:18pm
post #2 of

Are you freezing them coated/decorated? Just wondering because if you are, I would mostly be worried about the chocolate coating cracking when you take them out of the freezer and hit room temperature. Maybe you could do a couple as a test first. If you are freezing them uncoated, they will defrost fully in around half an hour max (unless you happen to make them baseball size!)

leah_s Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:44pm
post #3 of

No need to freeze them at all. they'll still be fine for Saturday.

Lindsram Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:55pm
post #4 of

I was going to freeze them coated. And the only reason I want to freeze is because I don't have enough room in my fridge. Just bought a new stand up freezer and there's more than enough room in there. I'm just not sure I want to leave them at room temp for 5 days.

cakepopsbypam Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm
post #5 of

Just put them in an air-tight container and keep them in a cool place, like the basement. Cake pops are good for 2-3 weeks if they are protected. No need to freeze them.

Paperfishies Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:08am
post #6 of

The cakepops will crack when they come to room temp if you freeze them.

I learned that the hard way last week, as the cake thaws, liquid/condensation is released and the cake expands, cracking the coating.

camber09 Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 6:27am
post #7 of

AHi I have to make 15 dozen cake pops for saturday dec 20 how early can I start making them? I wanted to roll them and freeze them this sunday dec 15. Woukd that be alright

MMDORLUS Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:38am
post #8 of

Do you put them in an air tight container after you roll them or after you dip them and let them dry?

Baking Queen Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:49am
post #9 of

AAfter they are dipped and dried:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%