Customer Surveys

Business By Norasmom Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 7:53pm by costumeczar

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone send out surveys about their business and product to customers? I would like to do this and have them be able to reply anonymously. Any ideas about websites that do this would be helpful. I do not have a live website yet. Thanks!

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 6

I don't send out surveys because although they can be a great tool,It also opens the door for simple complaints that otherwise may not be brought up.Of course I would welcome if someone was not happy and I would want to know why..but there are simply complainers out there who complain about anything and everything all the time..My FIL is like that..Very embarassing and frustrating in public...

If it ain't broke..Don't fix it...and No news is Good news!!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 6

We use inquisite to design surveys at my day job, I've also heard that surveymonkey is pretty good. The results are private (unless you choose to publish them).

To encourage participation you may want to offer something in return, for example a coupon toward the customer's next order or a raffle where a few survey participants will receive something like a free dozen cupcakes.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 6

I don't send surveys out but I do send a hand written thank you note to all my brides and clients of large orders. Since I have started doing this most have emailed me about the cake (so far all good things). This gives me an open to ask for an online review and I add a link to a website for them. About half leave a review.

cupcakequeen511 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen511 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 6

surveymonkey is a very good tool

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 6

I was going to suggest surveymonkey too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%