South Carolina - Cottage Food Law

Decorating By SarahBim Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 3:04am by bakingatthebeach

SarahBim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBim Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 3

As of now there is no cottage food law in the state of South Carolina. Is there any information out there on what we can do to to able to sell baked goods legally? Or is there a cottage food law in effect for South Carolina? I know that many states this year have gotten one and am praying that SC does soon! Where can I find this information out?

2 replies
CSIMisty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSIMisty Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 2:07am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBim

As of now there is no cottage food law in the state of South Carolina. Is there any information out there on what we can do to to able to sell baked goods legally? Or is there a cottage food law in effect for South Carolina? I know that many states this year have gotten one and am praying that SC does soon! Where can I find this information out?

Hi Sarah,

I'm on Facebook and waiting for Georgia's law to go through. I just saw that South Carolina has passed but with restrictions, I think. They have found a sponsor and a couple of co-sponsers.

CSIMisty

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 3:04am
post #3 of 3

http://www.scdhec.gov/health/envhlth/food-safety/bakery.htm

Looks like if you want to be licensed you have to have a separate kitchen. For weekend homebakers, as long as you dont advertise and bake for friends and family nonhazardous (they list what they consider nonhazardous) food then you dont need to be licensed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%