Where Can I Get Nice Cupcake Stands? Not Wilton Please.

Lounge By mom2my3girlz Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 12:15pm by costumeczar

mom2my3girlz Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:54am
post #1 of 14

I am looking for really nice cupcake stand in hard plastic or wood so that Ic an use over and over again. Any ideas?

13 replies
sechrestloans Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 3:01am
post #2 of 14

try save on crafts .com. I usually buy the cupcake trees from them and havent had any issues.

Avaie Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:47am
post #3 of 14

Try Etsy.com they have a lot of great stuff

KalisCakes Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:57am
post #4 of 14

I actually build my own.... there's a pic of one in my photos

shannycakers Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 14

I have really wanted to make my own for a long time now, do you have instructions on how you do this? I have seen where some people take soup cans, and round boards, cover in ribbon and stack them, but I would like a better step by step way. thanks!!

Reganlynn Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 14

I used the tutorial on cake journal . com - I glued mine together and just switch out the ribbons for each theme I need the stand for. I have used it a dozen times now and it's still in great shape. I have pictures in my photos of it.

DianneandBrad Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 14

Check out efavormart for acrylic stands. I just received my 6 tier acrylic cupcake stand and I am very happy with it. It was about $42.00 and only $5 for shipping. I can't remember who posted this a couple of weeks ago and I'm so glad they did! The tubes are hollow so you can put decorations in them.

leah_s Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:35pm
post #8 of 14

I love the look of the acrylic stands. I *almost* bought the one on efavor mart but couldn't find one big enough. Now it looks like they have exactly what I was looking for! grrr I bought one from classikool on Ebay. it ships out of England, so our English cakers might want to check it out. Anyway, I like it a lot but it was $$$. I had them custom cut a couple of extra levels for me. Very nice and accommodating, but international shipping is expensive. I understand what a lot of you complain about when trying to ship stuff from the US.

anyway, the one on efavor mart looks nice and the price is certainly right.

imagenthatnj Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:42pm
post #9 of 14

These are great. I use them for everything, even for boards for my cakes for family parties (you can see it in my photos).

Now they even come with holes (reversible) for cake pops.

http://www.thecupcaketower.com/small-cupcake-tower/

And you can change the ribbons around the plates. It's made of wood and it cleans really easy. I thought it would be stained forever with the red fondant I put on one of the boards for a cake, but it cleaned right away.

I think this person uses it a lot, if you want to check.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupidcupcakery/5614465986/in/photostream

Cupcations Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 14

I second efavormart
The best thing is that you can add tiers to your stand from 6" to 18"

HTH

KoryAK Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 14

I have the efavormart one and I HATE IT! After several painful uses I sent them this email:

I bought a couple of the acrylic cupcake stands and am not happy with them. The material quality and price are good but it's nearly impossible to get them assembled straight. I own a bakery and we rent these out for weddings and I'm finding them to look quite unprofessional. I am not looking for a refund, but can you give me any usage hints that might make this product more useful for me? Specifically, i adjust and adjust to get the stand to look straight, only to go around 90 degrees to find it looks topsy turvy. Fix that, same problem elsewhere. Each fix I make messes something else up. Thanks.

This is their reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that our stands takes adjustments just like any other shelfs or racks . Please try to adjusted it as much as you can if they don't work let us know .

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Really? They just lost my business. Just this weekend I used the stand I bought as a replacement and it's great. I got it from www.wedding fads.com http://www.weddingfads.com/Large-Cupcake-Tree-Stand-XCCSTAND.htm

Inexpensive and durable.

dchockeyguy Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:00pm
post #12 of 14

I did some searching online once, and need to go back to my results. There's a great one out there that is made like a tree! I wish I could justify it, but i can't.

jason_kraft Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:42pm
post #13 of 14
costumeczar Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:15pm
post #14 of 14

I did an interview on my blog with a guy who makes custom cake and cupcake stands. http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2010/07/robert-edwards-woodworking-gorgeous.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%