About Leah_S

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 29 Sep 2014 , 11:56am by Chloezee

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 27

I just read your answer about fondant condensation and since I am a big fan of common sense, I am officially making you "The Cake Decorating Common Sense Queen"

Not only for that one but countless others.
You are my hero.
When I grow up... wanna be like Leah.
I am going to open a Facebook Fan Page for you... ok maybe not, but you get the concept.

Patty

26 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 27

Aw shucks.

::blushes::

I'm old enough and have been doing this long enough that I've made most of the mistakes and figured out a solution.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 27

AND her cake is the MOST delicious I've ever eaten. icon_smile.gif

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 27

Leah is awesome!!

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 27

I do more lurking than commenting but I'll have to agree with you on Leah. She is one helpful lady.

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:30am
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by deah

I do more lurking than commenting but I'll have to agree with you on Leah. She is one helpful lady.

Ditto this! icon_smile.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:11am
post #7 of 27

You always know you're getting good, sound advice from Leah_S!

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:16am
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeladyatLA

I just read your answer about fondant condensation and since I am a big fan of common sense, I am officially making you "The Cake Decorating Common Sense Queen"

Ok, now you got me curious! Where is the condensation answer?

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:17am
post #9 of 27

You always know you're getting good, sound advice from Leah_S!

funpets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funpets Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:29am
post #10 of 27

Seriously am amazed at how she takes time to help even when she had to same question over and over.she deserves a special place on cake central.just wanna say thanks Leah!

tbkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbkimber Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:30am
post #11 of 27

When I saw the title for this thread I thought I was going to have to chew someone out for speaking badly about Leah_S. She is one of the most helpful people on this site and I have learned so much from her. I am glad you started this thread.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:48am
post #12 of 27

Between Leah_S and IndyDebi, I always know I'm getting great advice. You guys are my heros!

BuddyLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuddyLee Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:57am
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by abra526

Between Leah_S and IndyDebi, I always know I'm getting great advice. You guys are my heros!

thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:08am
post #14 of 27

Hmm, I just noticed she doesn't have Member Spotlight by her name. Perhaps we should nominate her? How does one do that?

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:57pm
post #15 of 27

I agree! She is always super helpful and should be Member Spotlighted!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:

DITTO!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 11:10pm
post #17 of 27

Spotlight, SpotLIGHT, SPOTLIGH!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mommachris

Leanna1554 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leanna1554 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 10:00pm
post #18 of 27

I am with you all... LOVE Leah_S and IndyDebi!!!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 10:26pm
post #19 of 27

Count me as another Leah fan. I've learned much from her. Very practical advice on so many things. Thanks!

FiveAlarmBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FiveAlarmBakery Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:32am
post #20 of 27
Quote:

You read my mind, they are the best!!

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:49am
post #21 of 27

Leah_S and IndyDebi are always helpful and they don't make you feel like an idiot for asking silly questions. And these ladies are always quick with encouragement and kindness. They are the best!!!!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:57am
post #22 of 27

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:02am
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbkimber

When I saw the title for this thread I thought I was going to have to chew someone out for speaking badly about Leah_S. She is one of the most helpful people on this site and I have learned so much from her. I am glad you started this thread.

Ditto. Was ready to crack some skulls. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #24 of 27
Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly!

Chloezee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chloezee Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 3:46pm
post #25 of 27

Hi Leah

I think I'm hogging ya in these forums, but thus far your brain is REALLY good picking. So, if I can get to buying that SPS system ye love so much, should I thought of buying all the equal number stuff, 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 etc to I think it goes to 18?? 3 of each and then just the ordinary pillars (not the 4 inch ones) the 9 or 12 inch??? I think those are cuttable? Am I sort of on the right path? Would love an answer if you have the time. You are exceedingly popular on these pages and for a very good reason. Wld so appreciate. I can go for the grecian look and separator stuff later - first need to get the hang of this, I think. And it really is left plates and all with the bride? 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Sep 2014 , 9:50am
post #26 of 27

AI laid in a supply of my most popular sizes rather than getting everything. I used way more 6" and 9" plates than 14" or bigger for example. I also have on hand an assortment of legs. I use mostly the 4" legs, but always keep the multi-piece legs on hand plus a few 9" ones on hand for cutting down to odd sizes. That works for me.

Chloezee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chloezee Posted 29 Sep 2014 , 11:56am
post #27 of 27

Hi Leah Sorry am just answering anywhere I see your post and this is very old post 2011. Just want to let you know I now understand why South African cake decorators are so crest-fallen. The only place that will ship that system out to me is Global Sugar Art and guess what the shipping costs more than my order. Here people can charge sort of maximum R5000 - R6 000 a posh wedding cake (YES DEFINITELY) that equates to about US$500. Now that "disposable" system - mmm I reckon these brides over here ain't gonna pay for it. I am surrounded by guys, engineers and industrialists - they'll just have to start building systems for me - I REFUSE wooden dowels. It is now 2014 and the cake world is not up to date. Yes, with decorations - it's the days of Napoleon and Josephine but when it comes to structure is blegh blegh blegh. NO innovation. EVERYONE here sticks wooden dowels into cakes - I shall NOT be doing that any longer - it's time is over. I did make a ***y birthday heart cake all zebra and pink and used wooden dowels for lack of ready technology. But now I am putting all the guys to work from today. So it's lavatory pipe - ye gads? really? sorry that was hellishly offensive, but really? is PVC the answer to the rest of the world outside the goodly US? Thanks again for all your advice. I think you should start charging for it. And as for SPS - I still think they should start noticing thee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%