How To Find Disney Car Toppers Which Are Not Expensive.

Decorating By shikhamj Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm by sweettreat101

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hello dear cake friends,
I have a disney pixar car cake order for my friend's son. This being my first pixar cake i need some ideas. The cake is for 20 ppl. Please Can anyone suggest where can I find pixar car toppers for low price.. I searched online and each car cost more than $6, and If i buy them, than my cake price goes high out of budget... Please any advise icon_smile.gif

Thank you icon_smile.gif

7 replies
deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 8

Look on ebay or ask her to provide the car. You can also make it out of fondant, or MMT. My first "Cars" cake, I purchased the Wilton 3D car pan and sculpted it to look like the "Lightning MCQueen". To get more servings I put it on top of a square cake that was decorated to look like a checkered flag. If you look in the gallery for a "Cars" cake, there are some excellent ideas.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:28am
post #3 of 8

Make them out of Gumpaste or fondant mixed with tylose or purchase a toy from a toy department. My Mario characters are made out of fondant and tylose.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:51am
post #4 of 8

I may be wrong but I thought I saw some Cars toys at Walmart last night for about $3. Just the basic car toys of the different characters. Not 100% sure on the price but I remember thinking they were pretty cheap for Cars toys.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 8

I always advise the customer that if they wants toys/dolls etc on the cake...They supply them.I don't have time to run around looking for specific toys etc...I have never had an issue with that policy.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 8

The small dye-cast cars are $3.95 not on sale for the basic models. The ones with submarine or wings for Finn or Holly are $7.

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 8

When someone orders a character cake from me, I always add at least $10.00 to the total price for toppers and I always advise the client of this extra charge and why. I never make any copyrighted characters myself (don't want to get into trouble!) so I make sure to tell the client that they may provide their own or I will purchase it for them. I order them from amazon, ebay, birthday express, or birthday direct.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 8

Target toy department. Huge cars selection to choose from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%