Filling Cupcakes????

Baking By amaryllis756 Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 10:03pm by leah_s

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:21am
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if any has tried using the "Debbie Meyer Cupcake Genius" for filling cupcakes? I just saw an ad in a magazine for it and I was wondering how it works. What it looks like it is, is a wire "rack" that fits over a cupcake pan with red silicon mold that creates holes in the middle of your cupcake while baking them, then evidently you pull it off while they are cooling. I am a little concerned out them. I would think that the cake (after it was baked) would stick to the silicon hole mold, and rip the cupcake apart. Anyone experience with this. I have a 400 cupcake order coming up in Sept and thought it might save time if they worked.

8 replies
HomemadeUpgrade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HomemadeUpgrade Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 9

I haven't seen or heard of this item but I don't really see the need for it. I fill my cupcakes all the time. I just use a big piping tip (like 1M or 2D) for filling.

Saluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saluna Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 9

I have one and I love it. It does not stick to the tip. I spray mine w/ a little non stick spray before I bake and they just pop right off.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 9

There's a video on YouTube where you can see a demo.

kakeladee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladee Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 9

I use tip 230. It's not a wilton tip but I got it at my cake decorating store - just a couple bucks. It doesn't need a coupler. It takes just seconds to fill a cup cake. Fill piping bag with what you want to fill the cup cake with, squeeze for a second or two and you're done. Very simple.

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 9

I don't buy into all of the new gadgets out there... I use an apple corer and take the centers out with that. I already had that so why buy a new tool. I guess it depends if you have money to spend on all ogf the tools out there.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 9

I love mine but I always get a little sticking on the tips even when I spray with non-stick. It may be that I don't let them cool enough first. But I love the fact that the hole is there and I can use all sorts of fillings I can't get through a bismark tipicon_smile.gif

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 9

Just a follow up remark... when filling the cupcakes for instance lemon or margarita cupcakes I fill with Lemon curd. I use those plastic bottles that the craft store sell or Michaels & just cut the tip a little they work perfectly for that! And no mess!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 9

I use a Bismark tip. Just stick the tip in and squeeze. easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%