Sps Cake System

Decorating By CakesByBabycakes Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 7:44am by sweettreat101

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:42am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have photos of cakes they have made using the SPS Cake System?

5 replies
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 6:00am
post #2 of 6

I have used it on alot of cakes, if you look in my gallery I just did the stargazer lily cake. I love it. The cake was really solid, its the only thing I will use now.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 6:34am
post #3 of 6

I used it on the 4 tiered wedding cake, the 2 tiered basketweave, the western themed cake and cars cake in my gallery. The wedding cake was my first time using it. I got it specifically for this cake since it had to go up a very, very steep hill. It made it just fine. I love it. I had to use the wilton hidden plastic pillars with the sps plates on the cars cake since my bottom tier wasn't 4 inches. It still worked out fine since the entire pegs on the bottom of the plate fit into the wilton hidden pillars. The icing from marking the plate on the bottom tier "glued" the pegs into the pillars.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

The green wedding cake in my photo section. But you can't see the system in the pic. What exactly are you hoping to see in a photo?

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 6

Three tier white wedding cake w/blue draping
Three tier white and red cake
Four tier square wedding cake with orange ribbon
2 tier tiel cake with seashells

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 7:44am
post #6 of 6

I used it for the first time this weekend on the red and yellow Hawaiian cake in my photos. My cakes end up 4 1/4 inches high and the legs are only 4 inches so I stacked my cakes like Edna does by placing the six inch SPS plate on the area where the cake will be stacked and removing some of the frosting in the center. It leaves a little valley that the plate sits in. I really think it makes the cake more stable by resting your top layer in the frosting of the bottom layer. Thanks Edna. I will be doing this from now on. Made for a nice stable cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%