Too Girly?

Decorating By Norasmom Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 1:33am by imagenthatnj

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 1:10am
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for both a boy and a girl (sister and brother), ages 3 and 5. It is just for a party, not a birthday. Would a giant cupcake be too much of a girly cake for the little boy? What colors should I use? Recommendations?
Thanks everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 1:24am
post #2 of 3

I don't think it would be too girly. To me it would totally depend on the colors....I would think that if you did something that looked like a Hot fudge sundae that would work for both of them. I can't imagine any kid not liking that. I saw one on here one time and I think it would be fairly easy to do. It doesn't necessarily have to be chocolate(like if one of them is allergic to cho.) it could just be colored like hot fudge. A dark cho. brown. I think that if there are no allergies involved, that it would be cool to ice the cupcake in like a vanilla Ice-cream colored buttercream or fondant if you wish and then cover that in a nice rich cho. icing to look like hot fudge has been poured over it, then like say a big spray of "whipped cream" on top and a cherry and sprinkles before the icing has a chance to set. Sure it wouldn't be a cupcake anymore so to speak, but I bet they would love it. Good luck.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%