Omg! Look At This Picture With The "cake Fart!!".

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 12:40am by Kitagrl

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 12:17am
post #1 of 3

Hi Cakers!

***EDIT***** The CC mointor police deleted my phots of the cake bulge cake slice?!?! They said it was not a decorated cake. I wish you could view the picture because pictures are worth more than words.....

You have to look at this picture!! I could not load it in this message??!!! It is the picture of a slice of cake on a plate.

The house was very warm due to all the cooking going on in the kitchen. I placed the cake in the dining room where it was cooler. Left it for about 30 minutes. Checked it out and it was fine. Dinnertime came and I moved the cake into the study. The study was easily 10-15 degrees cooler. It was very cool in that room. After dinner, went to go check on it and there it was!!!!!

I was able to fix it somewhat. When we sliced the cake, I purposely cut the cake so that I would have the section with this Cake Fart.

Look at how the icing actually separated from the crumb coat. You can easily stick a butter knife through the holes you see.

Looking at this makes me believe that the cake bulging or farts are due to the icing not adhering to the cake properly.

What caused this? I iced the cake the night before. It was a good 20 hours before it was served. No bulging or farts at home. Was it the temperature change that caused the cake to possible sweat and separate?

Thoughts????

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 12:25am
post #2 of 3

Check out the 6.17.11 Friday Night Cake Club for help with Cake bubbles.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 12:40am
post #3 of 3

I had one today in a cake I did for a shower. icon_sad.gif It was huge, and yes its between the cake and the icing.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%