Cupcake Wrapper Questions

Baking By KylaQ Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 12:49am by Karadactyl

KylaQ Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:34am
post #1 of 15

I'm making cupcakes for my daughters 1st birthday soon. It never occurred to me to buy double the amount of liners b/c they are cute paper ones and they just look messy when done. Well maybe not messy but the colors no longer POP and to me it's just not pretty.

I have never put another wrapper on once they have baked. So this might be dumb. When do I put the additional wrapper on? I don't want any oil to leak through the 2nd wrapper.

But at the same time, how do I get the 2nd paper to look like it belongs on there? And not like I just put a 2nd on there? Does that make sense? I don't want the 2nd wrapper sticking out any around it. I want it to look like the wrapper it bakes in, kinda like its attached.

14 replies
cakification Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 1:46am
post #2 of 15

I know exactly what you mean, and i wish I knew the answer! I hope someone can answer this!

KylaQ Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:07am
post #3 of 15

Any help??

sprinkles4all Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:31am
post #4 of 15

have wondered this my self... and searched around for an answer on here but haven't really found one...

Mamasan Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 7:46am
post #5 of 15

Hmmm.... Have you thought about putting a plain, grease proof liner inside your pretty ones prior to baking?

Cupcations Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 15

I don't have the answer sorry, but I have seen somewhere on Flick they had way more than 2 wrappers on each CC, my guess is that they bake them with 3+ wrappers I don't think the oil can penetrate that!

HTH

sprinkles4all Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 15

I do know that grease proof makes a difference... and I guess the more money you spend on cupcake liners the better they look outta the oven. I baked baseball cupcakes- 8 dozenof them yesterday- in Wilton baseball liners. Came outta the oven you couldn't tell if there was a baseball or mitt or bat... disappointing.

So if you doubled up or trippled up on say the wilton ones- then you see the patterns? They don't seperate or spread? Is there a trick or sugggestion?

Thanks!

KylaQ Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:28am
post #8 of 15

UGh, well I guess I will test it this weekend.. I'll come back and report. And yes, I bought the cute cheapy CC wrappers.. So I guess we will see.

Mamasan Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:18pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaQ

UGh, well I guess I will test it this weekend.. I'll come back and report. And yes, I bought the cute cheapy CC wrappers.. So I guess we will see.

I read in many places - including their own forum, that Wilton's has some of the worst wrappers around.

I've also read (but haven't tried) Reynolds foil wrappers. People rave about them.

I'm currently working my way through a box of Reynolds' plain white ones. I found them at my local GFS, they came 450 in a box and were less than 4 dollars.

terrylee Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 2:21pm
post #10 of 15

The photos of cuppies on CC and other sites have such clean looking wrappers.......I've tried two wrappers...they just pop apart when done baking.. I've tried adding one after baking......pops apart..........Is there a wrapper that is grease proof, hold it's shape and let the true color come thru.....

buttercuppie Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 15

For solid colors I usually go to confectionery house (.com). I've baked Devil's food in their magenta liner and the color doesn't change at all.

VCVCCupcakes Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 11:19pm
post #12 of 15

I like the sutton gourmet liners..... they always look fabulous no matter what I bake in them and the colors always pop! they also have such pretty designs....

terrylee Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks VCVCCupcakes......I check their site and they are available at a local market by me.... Great find. Thanks again.

carmijok Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 2:22pm
post #14 of 15

I just found the Sutton liners in a store close by me too! I'm excited! Thanks!!!

Karadactyl Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 12:49am
post #15 of 15

I use the Reynold's Stay Bright foil wrappers. I love them. The look great before and after baking. The only down side is that there are only about 8 designs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%