Modeling Chocolate Help.

Decorating By KylaQ Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 4:37am by KylaQ

KylaQ Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:16am
post #1 of 3

I tried to make modeling chocolate. Tried being the key word. But after reading on this forum your not supposed to put stuff like this in the fridge? It got rock hard, and it's like the syrup started to separate from the chocolate? Maybe it wasn't the syrup, but something separated. Maybe the moisture from the fridge? Who knows..

Anyway help! I will be making a cake in a few months. it will be a rubber ducky in a barrel. I am thinking about making the barrel strips out of the chocolate. Or should I make it from fondant?

2 replies
cheatize Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:19am
post #2 of 3

The syrup stuff might be oil. Break off a piece and work it with your hands until it's soft. If you can't get it soft that way, microwave it for just a few seconds until you can. If it's too greasy, pat it with a paper towel to soak up some of the grease.

The first time I used it, I thought it was impossible. Just know that it's the heat of your hands that tends to keep it soft. If you roll it out it will harden quickly.

KylaQ Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:37am
post #3 of 3

It's cayro (I think that's the correct spelling?) syrup. That's what the directions I used called for. Is that what you use? And once I started playing with it, it did fine, but started doing that rough pull apart crack thing that fondant does when there isn't enough moisture in it. Make sense?

And curious. Can you roll it out just like fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%