Cake In The Shape Of Number 2

Decorating By yo57 Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 5:42am by warchild

yo57 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:21am
post #1 of 6

how do i make a cake in the shape of a number 2

5 replies
bakingatthebeach Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:33am
post #2 of 6

You could make a template out of cardboard or parchment and carve it out, my boss wanted a 50 cake but it wasnt going to be too much cake so I did a sheet cake and made a big 50 out of rice cereal treats and covered the 50 in fondant, its in my pics.

warchild Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:35am
post #3 of 6
Pearl645 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 6

Warchild...im really glad you posted that link! That is a smart way instead of buying number pans or renting them like I did from a cake shop. Hope everyone sees this post and benefits from the link above icon_smile.gif

suzied Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:23am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

Here you go! icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1111573

Thank you for bringing it up. this is a great link. thanks to the original person who uploaded it too. (nefgaby)

warchild Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:42am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzied

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

Here you go! icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1111573

Thank you for bringing it up. this is a great link. thanks to the original person who uploaded it too. (nefgaby)

Yes of course. Thanks to nefgaby for uploading the info to CC. Also thanks to H Harris, a member of the Canadian Society of Sugar Artistry, & ICEs, who created and supplied the number cake information to ICEs for one of their 2000 newsletters.

Also thanks to Tracy of Sweet Dreams, also a long time ICEs member, who added the newsletter number cake information to her cake decorating site, where I found it for the first time in 2002 looking for info on how to make a #5 shaped cake without a template.

Whew! I think that covers everything & everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%