Fondant Lettering

Decorating By KrazeeBran81 Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 12:28am by KrazeeBran81

KrazeeBran81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazeeBran81 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 7

Can someone please tell me how to make the large lettering out of fondant? I have seen it on many cakes, and have attempted to ask the person but I haven't gotten a response back. I need large lettering an have no idea where to begin?? Is there a stencil or something out there that I am just not finding? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

6 replies
silverc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverc Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know if this is the lettering you are talking about, but I use Funky Tappits by FMM. You can google it and see if they are what you are talking about. I love mine. They do take a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, I think they look great.

KrazeeBran81 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I will look at them. I will attempt to add a picture to show what I am looking at.

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:27am
post #4 of 7

I think some people do the lettering on their cricut machines

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 7

You can make a template of the letter that you want out of plastic or cardboard, that way you can make it to the size that you are looking for.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 7

Take a look at my cake pictures... I use the FMM letter cutter sets a lot and I love them. You do have to use gum paste with them though, not fondant. I've also hand cut letters using a clean X-Acto knife and template (but again, you should use gum paste or at least half gum paste and half fondant). You'll see my hand cut letters on the Sesame Street cake - they took a long time to do though. Good luck!

KrazeeBran81 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 12:28am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much!

I will have to attemt to draw them out I guess. I have never used gumpaste before, and wouldn't know where to even begin. I just started really trying to make cakes, and have a special request and I got stumped with the lettering. I will try making my own for this one an maybe attempt to the gumpaste route for the next one. I don't have enough time to practice a whole lot before I need the cake.

Thanks again for all the help! I really do appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%