Anyone Have Bosch Or Electrolux Mixers?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 2:31am by cheriej

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

I'm at my witt's end. I've gone through 4 KitchenAid Pro 600 mixers in the last 16 months. KA is sending me yet another replacement mixer but said it will be my last one. They're refusing to replace anymore from here on out, which sucks, because right now, each one is lasting about 3-5 months on average before it tanks. Whatever, I'm done with KitchenAid.

So I'm looking for a serious mixer but don't want to buy bulky commercial equipment because I just don't have the space for it. I've been researching and found excellent reviews on both Bosch and Electrolux DLX mixers, but these are not the same design as the traditional stand mixers like KA, Cuisinart, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has one of these mixers and if they are a good option for mixing cake batter and icing? Sounds like they're geared heavily towards making bread, but they also say they're great for all baking projects, but I want to know if they will mix particularly icings well. Mixing icing is always the task I'm working on when my crappy KA's have just stopped working.

5 replies
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 6

I have used the Bosch mixer that has a bowl with the beaters attaching to the center post of the bowl ( I hope that makes sense). it is in the kitchen that I rent space in. It did mix well when the plastic cookie dough beaters were on, but for frosting it incorporated way too much air into the frosting. And I had it filled pretty much up to the top to try to get a seal.... Being used to the tilt head stand mixers, it just felt too awkward, and with initial results not being too good, I don't want to try to figure out how to nuance it.

I'm also foreseeing trouble with my new Artisan KA (it's slipping and dropping gears intermittently when the motor gets hot). I have my eye on the 7 qt Cuisinart. I like that tall narrow bowl.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for the info! This helps me make my decision. I've been thinking of the Cuisinart 7 qt too. Maybe that's my better bet.

Thanks again!

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

I love my Cuisinart 7 qt, it does everything i want it to do and more. I can make 2 to 3 batches of frosting at one time, depending on the recipe... Best investment i have ever made.. HTH...

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:13am
post #5 of 6

I also have the 7 qt Cuisinart and love it....that bad boy will handle anything!!! I want the smaller one now...lol...I haven't seen anything on the Electrolux though, would be interested in reading more about it.

Thanks y'all

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

I love the Cuisinart 7Qt for mixing icing - it is fantastic for doing this! For cake batter, just beware that the bowl shape is not exactly optimal. It is shaped like a cone so you do have to make sure everything is mixed well. It would be better if the bowl were more round shaped. good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%