Rice Krispy Treats For Sculpting?

Baking By lrlt2000 Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 2:58pm by Lili5768

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 6

I have searched for RKT recipes, but none state that they are specifically for sculpting. Is there any difference in the recipes if you're using them for sculpting? I.e., to make them harden more/faster?

Thanks!

5 replies
TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 6
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 6

I leave out the butter when I make RKT to sculpt. I also put them in a big ziplock and roll over it with a rolling pin to crush the RKT down. This helps eliminates the cellulite look and makes covering with chocolate or royal easier.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 6

You can buy sheets of them from suppliers on the net or just buy them at the store. I get either the small or large boxes, depending on what I am making. I just smoosh the pieces up a little and then really press them together when I get the shape I want. I also cover the shapes in melted chocolate to make them smoother.
evelyn

Karen1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen1234 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

I am having problems with the rkt falling apart. I am making a monkey the legs and arms are craking and falling off. How can I fix this?? I put a layer of choc. melts on it

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I leave out the butter when I make RKT to sculpt. I also put them in a big ziplock and roll over it with a rolling pin to crush the RKT down. This helps eliminates the cellulite look and makes covering with chocolate or royal easier.

Thank You! Nice to know for when I do try this! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%