A 'helpful" Fob Almost Gave Me A Panic Attack

Decorating By mommachris Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 5:51am by platinumlady

mommachris Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:05am
post #1 of 3

I did a small cake ( invited 75 but expected 50) for a friend's daughter recently. The design had flowers and butterflies winding up the sides and I thought the week that I baked it that changing up to a 12in from a 10in would look better proportionately....besides that would give them more cake to take home. icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway, cake is delivered and the family loved it.
Bride and Groom cut the cake.
My daughter and I swoop in to cut and plate it.
Family friend and FOB come up with trays to take the plates to the guests.
Since we both are cutting layers at the same time there are both chocolate and lemon flavors on the trays.
Well, we chop that cake up fast and the trays keep coming back to be filled.
Suddenly I see that we are down to the last eight slices and I panicked...what happened to all the extra cake!

The 'servers" tell us that they don't need anymore. So disaster was averted, but really...what happened to all that cake?!!

Mystery was solved by the bride's grandma who told us about 20 minutes later that the CAKES were delicious. She said she took one of each because her son (the father of the bride) insisted that everyone both flavors.
My eyes must have popped out of my head because my daughter said, "It's okay. There was enough cake, Mom. Calm down."

Honestly, I chose to cut the cake so there wouldn't be these Jethro Bodine size slices and FOB pulled the rug right out from under me.

Guess the bride should have told him she only bought enough cake to be dessert...not a cake tasting party.
The worse part is that those last eight pieces got snapped up, too. No extra cake after all. Sigh.

mommachris

2 replies
vgray Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:22am
post #2 of 3

I think I would have had a panic attack too!!!! lol However, you should be flattered that all of your cake was eaten up! icon_biggrin.gif

platinumlady Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:51am
post #3 of 3

Your daughter sounds just like mine...while I'm panicking she's cool calm & collected. Glad it worked out icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%