Frustrated With This Brand Of Tylose:'(

Decorating By Mystic Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 3:41am by BlakesCakes

Mystic Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:31am
post #1 of 4

I've been making my own gumpaste for a while now, NO PROBLEM, I was using the CK product brand. It would always come out perfect, nice, stretchy and pliable. I had ran out of tylose "ck product" brand so i ran to the nearest cake store and they had this '"Confectionery Arts International" thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gificon_mad.gif tylose and I was short on time so I asked my sister to make it. it came out horiblle but I chalked it up to she just didnt do it right. But I just made it and it is the same way. SOOOOO Stiff doesn't stretch, shrinks back when i roll it out and not pliable icon_cry.gificon_mad.gif

Do you think it is the brand and has anyone else had this problem?

And this stuff is not cheap...Please help icon_cry.gif

3 replies
bonniekaye Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:41am
post #2 of 4

CAI is the brand I use all the time and it works great. How much did you add per pound? You should use 1 tablespoon per pound or less, depending on how strong the gum paste needs to be. You can soften it up by working in some fondant.

bonniekaye Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:43am
post #3 of 4

CAI is the brand I use all the time and it works great. How much did you add per pound? You should use 1 tablespoon per pound or less, depending on how strong the gum paste needs to be. You can soften it up by working in some fondant.

BlakesCakes Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:41am
post #4 of 4

There's nothing wrong with the CAI Tylose. It's probably just a different strength than you're used to using and you need to adjust the amount you use in the recipe.

If you usually put in 1TBSP, try putting in 1/2 TBSP. You can always knead in more. You just can't take it out once it's in there.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%