Couldn't Help Myself, Had To Be A Smart Aleck: )

Lounge By VentureSister Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 4:48am by Taterfink

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:35am
post #1 of 18

So I went to the store to pick up ingredients for WASC that I will be baking over the weekend.
The cashier sees all 8 boxes of cake mix and asks "So you going to bake a cake?"
Me being a smarta** had to reply "Nope, just wanted to respackle the house".
(glad she found it funny too.)

17 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:42am
post #2 of 18

bwahaha! Sorry, I feel like doing this and seldom let it slip!

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:44am
post #3 of 18

Fast thinking!!!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:45am
post #4 of 18

ha ha. Thanks for the laugh.

medusas_touch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medusas_touch Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:52am
post #5 of 18

LMBO! That's fantastic! icon_biggrin.gif

pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:21am
post #6 of 18

this totally reminded me of the, "here's your sign" jokes!

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:32am
post #7 of 18

Too funny. Just one of those 'DUH' questions.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:53am
post #8 of 18

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:57am
post #9 of 18

I always get, "it looks like your gonna be making something???" when I am at the check put w/ 8+ boxes of cake mix. And then when I tell them I am doing a wedding cake or whatever my reply is, they look at me like I have 4 eyes or something....

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:32am
post #10 of 18

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I normally try to look seriously confused & say, 'Why would you think that?'. They always stop & look around like they have just rang up someone else's groceries on my bill. LOL! I think next time I might steal yours!

My husband loves to go with me when I have a lot to buy. 10 grocery bags later, he looks at the bag boy & asks if he can help us get these on our motorcycle. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 7:12am
post #11 of 18

The boxes of cake mix are nothing..... when you really want to have some fun - go stock your trolley with 50 packets of condoms

Bet they don't ask you a thing! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_twisted.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:52pm
post #12 of 18

I just bought 6 cake mixes, 3 2lb bags of sugar and 18 eggs this week. I was sorta disappointed when the girl didn't ask me if I was making a cake or baking.

Guess she missed that day of training. icon_wink.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm
post #13 of 18

I would view it as a marketing opportunity. Just about every time I buy supplies at Whole Foods (we buy vegan chocolate chips and vegan margarine there in bulk) I get a remark from the cashier, I take that opportunity to hand the cashier and the bagger business cards.

This even led to a meeting with Whole Foods exploring a wholesale opportunity (although it didn't work out due to their standard 45% markup).

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #14 of 18

I always get the question "sheesh what are you going to do with all those marshmallows?" When I say "decorate cakes" they just look at me like I'm crazy. And you can't really stand there and explain that one to most people.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbief

I always get the question "sheesh what are you going to do with all those marshmallows?" When I say "decorate cakes" they just look at me like I'm crazy. And you can't really stand there and explain that one to most people.

LOL! I don't make MMF (not yet anyway) so I've never had to explain that one. I can just see their faces and only imagine what they think the cake is going to look like with marshmallows all over it! ha ha!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 12:08am
post #16 of 18

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 5:24am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbief

I'd be tempted to tell them 'Miniature s'mores!' icon_lol.gif

Taterfink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taterfink Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 4:48am
post #18 of 18

ok, different topic but same idiotic type of questions:

I am writing a check at a local department store so I handed the cashier my driver license with it's "organ donor" sticker. She looks at my license then turns her gaze upon me and asks . . . "so, which organ did you donate?" to which I reply . . . "None yet icon_eek.gif !"
Or, here's another:
asked by a doctor, "when you watch tv, do you hear voices?" Reply: "only if the volume is turned up!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%