Cake Cutting

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 1:58am by SarahBeth3

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 8

I just had a customer ask me if I do cake cutting for her wedding cake. I haven't been asked before so I told her I would have to get back to her about it. So I know how to cut wedding cakes but don't know how much to charge. What do you do between setting up the cake and actually cutting the cake since there will be a hour or two between. Thanks for any help.

7 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 8

I would say sorry, I have other deliveries! The catering staff usually cuts and serves the cake and may charge her a fee. The only time I personally have ever known of the decorator serving the cake was on tv! I could see it being done if you were her guest and you decided to jump in and serve it so you could advertise!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 8

I know some charge an hourly rate for the time from delivery through cutting the cake. Even tho you will just be sitting, your time is valuable.

reginaherrin Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 8

I was thinking it was a per serving fee but then I wasn't sure about the time I would be sitting around.

reginaherrin Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 8

And they won't have a catering company she would have to find a friend or relative to cut the cake.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 8

The last wedding I attended ( sis in law) the fee for cutting the wedding cake was $1.75 per serving. That was 6 yrs ago so can imagine the price has gone up from that.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:46am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaherrin

And they won't have a catering company she would have to find a friend or relative to cut the cake.

In this case, I would charge per hour starting with the delivery, time you leave your place, all the way till you leave the venue.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:58am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

I would say sorry, I have other deliveries!

Please don't say that you have other deliveries unless you actually do. No one likes to by lied to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%