I Love Modeling Chocolate!!

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 1:12pm by erin12345

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 2

Can I just say "where have you been all my baking life?" LOL

I was SURE it was not right after I made it the other night. And whenI took it out of the fridge last night, it was hard and crumbly and weird looking and i thought that this was a bad idea. But I took a chunk and started kneading and kneading and it was hard and crumbly and it just flaked off and then....suddenly it started to become pliable. I put it down, grabbed my Americolor Super Red, put two drops on my piece and colored the heck outta my chocolate. I was giddy with excitement by now. I threw caution to the wind and decided to try to make something...a crayon for an upcoming cake. And I did. And it was great. The only down side is the meltability of it. You really have to be careful when handling it. I left a few fingerprints on the piece after it was done but for my first time, I can't complain. It is a little wonky but this is literally my first time working with MC so I am certain I'll get better.

Someone said a while back they had white cotton gloves they'd wear to handle their chocolate. At the time I thought they were nuts but now I totally see why!

http://tinypic.com/r/httbes/7

I also ruffled it! It didn't act exactly like fondant and I found it has to be thicker than fondant would be but I think I like this. It's easy to make (hard to knead!) and tastes SO much better than fondant. I love it.

1 reply
erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 2

I also recently discovered modeling chocolate and love it too! It is very forgiving, flaws can be gently smoothed away. It makes beautiful roses and best of all, it makes great cuts with my Cricut cake! I haven't tried covering a cake with it yet though, maybe that's next.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%